PDA

View Full Version : Wiper delay don't delay

mhagie
11-16-2005, 06:23
On my 84 the delay wipers don't work, this week was the first time I needed them since building the truck.
I assume its the controler located under the steering column.
Does anyone have an ides where to find one short of dealer?, it looks expensive from dealer, I would try GM parts direct but lack the Part number.
Merle

More Power
11-16-2005, 08:32
The wiper delay on my 1982 GMC I owned was erratic in operation. Sometimes it worked - sometimes it wouldn't - mostly wouldn't. The problem in this case was an electrical connector problem at the motor assy. Wiggling the connector would allow the wiper delay to work for a time.

I cleaned the related electrical contacts a few different times. This would help for a while, but I never did completely solve the puzzle.

Jim

Lightyear
11-17-2005, 03:23
I have a similar problem, haven't fixed it yet; but it may be the delay module. It's a gizme wired between teh wiper switch and motor, somewhere under the dash. As far as prices, try LMC Truck. I think their page is www.lmc-truck.com. (http://www.lmc-truck.com.) They have a lot of stuff for Chev/GMC trucks, and prices don't look too bad.