PDA

View Full Version : Urge to Surge Part II

TomEichenberger
06-09-2004, 14:48
OK, I ordered the new trannie( Tranmission Technologies AKA "Jimmywholesell" on E-Bay. Good specs. & great feedback). That said I'm going to install an external trannie cooler and a remote filter.

I'm curious about what set up to use with the 700r4/6.2 l diesel combo.

Diesel Boy I saw your set up with the B&M kit,looks great, but it looked like you junked the filter. If you had to do it again, what would you do different?

Any thoughts on the subject would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom eichenberger

Dieselboy
06-09-2004, 15:45
What I junked was six Raptor transmissions!

I'm very happy with the 400hp Art-Carr 700 that I have right now, and it seems like it can handle the turbo power after nearly 10,000 miles.

I still have the external spin on filter, and 24,000 GVW B&M cooler. The filter works well and accepts a PF20 (Dodge filter) and its equivalents. The B&M cooler is up to the task for on-road applications where there's plenty of airflow, but it's lacking when it comes to slow moving on the trails. Keep in mind my truck weighs just shy of 9000 lbs loaded, so your mileage may vary.

I did have the B&M steel deep pan, but it was very thin and flimsy. I plan to upgrade to a deep aluminum pan in the near future from yourcovers.com.

:cool:

TomEichenberger
06-10-2004, 08:09
Gracias Diesel Boy,a few more question;

-Is the filter before or after the cooler
-What kind of pressures will an automatic generate. Do I need to run with hydraulic and/or hardened lines.
-with an external filter,should one remove the internal filter so as not to restrict flow.
-Is it better to buy yhe individual parts and assemble ,rather than buying a kit?

After cleaning out the lines, and the radiator cooler I'm thinking that the set up should be;

Tansmission -Radiator cooler-Aux. cooler-External filter. Sound good?

I would appreciate anyone elses input(Getting tired of reinventing the wheel)

Thanks

Tom Eichenberger

Dieselboy
06-10-2004, 12:08
Originally posted by TomEichenberger:
-Is the filter before or after the cooler
-What kind of pressures will an automatic generate. Do I need to run with hydraulic and/or hardened lines.
-with an external filter,should one remove the internal filter so as not to restrict flow.
-Is it better to buy yhe individual parts and assemble ,rather than buying a kit?My fluid flow looks like this: Tranny, external filter, external cooler. Things are hot enough here in Texas that I don't even run the ATF through the radiator anymore.

I chose to filter the fluid before sending it through the lines and cooler, and don't get rid of your internal filter screen. It catches the pebbles, and the spin on filter get's the small stuff.

I bought the parts seperately since there was no full kit at the time, but it wasn't tough to assemble.

Run hard lines for as much of the length as possible, but definitely go with hydraulic lines and fittings everywhere else.

My Art-Carr 700 came with a test sheet that showed the following pressures: P-125, R-225, N-125, 4th-150, 3rd-150, 2nd-200, 1st-200.