PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild question?

BrianV
10-12-2005, 08:49
I have picked up an engine to rebuild for my 1983 Jimmy and have been looking for a rebuild kit. Does anyone have any knowledge of Diesel Direct kits? Or what is a good kit. This will be my first rebuild. Thanks for any info.

Daan
10-14-2005, 06:49
His rebuild kits are okay.... once you get them!
Most the parts are OEM.
I ordered one in early January, after a lot of hassle it arrived somewhere in April. The Netherlands are a long way to go but not that long!
The guy kept telling me he shipped it right after ordering, but when the package arrived there was a sticker on it that said it was mailed late February. :confused:
Not sure what to think of this dude.
And besides that I missed the freeze plugs.

I think there is a topic about this company on the 6.5 board somewhere.

More Power
11-04-2005, 15:33
Here are a couple other sources:

http://www.usdieselparts.com

http://www.northernautoparts.com

JIm

5.7L oldsdiesel
11-05-2005, 14:47
The guys at northern auto parts are great people to deal with.Awesome service.Could'nt ask for anything better.They do an awesome job.Excellent parts and great service indeed.

restoguy
11-06-2005, 18:00
Ditto on the Norther Auto Parts plug. They are the first and only place I call. They always have what I need and the price is good too. I could probably save a couple bucks once in a while by calling around but the extra phone bill would make that up in a hurry. Not to mention the parts are always at my door 2 business days later, never fail! On top of all that, they know what they are selling. They are car(and truck) guys too and know their business. On one peticular occasion I bought some main bearings for my 6.5 from them on ebay. They were an open box return the they were selling with no reserve. When I recieved them I opened the box to find that somehow I recieved an upper set of 6.5 STD bearings and instead of a lower set of the same I got an upper set of .030 dorF(Ford)400 bearings. I called and they sent me a brand new set, no hassle. I'm talking about $80 bearings that I paid twenty some dollars for! I'm a customer for life.

BrianV
11-07-2005, 14:45
Thanks for all the info.