PDA

View Full Version : Need TH400 Torqure Converter Cover

TimK
06-08-2004, 06:44
Last year when my torque converter decided to part ways with the fly wheel, it destroyed the torque converter cover. This happened when the TC bolts came loose, sheared, took the front off the starter and proceeded to shove the pieces through transmission case bell housing and the TC cover. I have replaced the transmission but I am still having a hard time finding a replacement cover.

The cover I have is a heavy cast aluminum piece. I can't find a shop that sells replacement covers for the 6.2/6.5L Diesel. I have also tried the dealer and they tell me they no longer stock them. Everyone just has the sheet metal covers. My last resort is to fab one out of steel but if someone has one laying aroung from a TH400 conversion, I would be willing to make someone a deal. Or if anyone knows of a shop that sells this type of heavy duty cover, please pass it on.

I ordered my new engine from DSG yesterday and I am looking at getting this buggy moving down the road soon.

TimK

britannic
06-08-2004, 07:37
Did you try the junk yards or a wanted ad in the classifieds yet?

john8662
06-08-2004, 09:47
The cover from a TH700R4 is the same for the TH400. I have a spare that I'll sell ya if you're interested (off a 700). At least I think they're the same, because I had one off a TH400 and couldn't tell the different between that one and from my 700, they're mixed up now.

TimK
06-08-2004, 10:46
John,

I am willing to give it a try. Please send me an email at Kuhlrover@aol.com and we can workout the details.

Thank you.

TimK