PDA

View Full Version : To buy or not to buy

Subzilla
06-07-2004, 03:48
I hate to use this forum this way but just wanting any opinions on a potential purchase. 1986 Blazer, loaded, very incredibly well maintained vehicle inside & out, 80k on rebuilt trans, 230k miles on engine but well maintained. Current owner changes oil at 3k mile intervals. Probably the nicest old Blazer I've seen but is it worth $3500?

CleviteKid
06-07-2004, 05:47
If the body is in good shape, there are many members who would crawl over each other to buy it at that price. Or you could buy it and flip it, just advertise it on TheDieselPage.com.

Dr. Lee :cool:

Low_Bridge
06-08-2004, 02:46
Incredible is the key word along with it's maintenance. You probably won't find many of us sending you money to buy it but who's ever looked around recently will probably tell you to jump on it. My 82 4x4 looked like the Tiajana Taxi before I Bought it for $2200 in 2001. The nice suburbans seem even harder to find.

Subzilla
06-15-2004, 08:16
Well, I'm now a 2 diesel family. My wife is so proud of me. She's a beauty! (so is my wife!) I need to tag and title it before I can have more fun on the road. Thanks for your help and replies as I think I made a good decision. Now my questions concerning the removable top: Is it heavy (translation: can myself and wifey remove it)? Will it leak when I put it back on? Any other concerns or experiences?