PDA

View Full Version : It's a sad day, but I am forced to sell the burban...

mpascino
10-05-2005, 16:00
It pains me to even write this post but my health has taken a negative turn of sorts and I can no longer complete the project. A few weeks ago I posted about light smoke at idle with my new motor. Unfortunatly I have found out what the problem is. It appears another piston has falled. I would do anything right now to just fix it and carry on but unfortunatly that is not an option. I am hoping the truck can find a good home and/or purpose. Below is what I can remember off the top of my head about the truck:

1991 Suburban Diesel
Motor was completely overhauled 1 year ago(12-14K):
CC'd to 19.6 CR,
Heads rebuilt soup to nuts, Turbo precups,
New timing chain and gears,
New Lifters,
Oil Pump,
Polished std/std crank,
New bearings throughout obviously,
Rebuilt Heavy Duty Injection Pump,
6.5 Turbo injectors, less than 2000 miles on them,
110 Alternator has about 200 miles on it,
TE06H rebuilt turbo charger set at 10psi approximately 5K,
Electric fuel pump, brand new stanadyne filter last month
New Glow plugs a few months back, manual control, I have the factory stuff too
Banks Mandrel Exhaust system,
Autometer boost and pyrometer guages, mounted cleverly in the dash,
SM465 conversion, 32 spline, rebuilt with motor,
Hydro clutch setup, everything new(slave,master, line), Sacks HD clutch
Rebuilt NP241(pass drop)
3/4 ton axles, electronic speed was recal'd.
Front End had new rotors, ball joints and bearings about a year ago, older warn suprem hubs
NEW drive shaft, I don't think it was even actually used....Newer ujoints in the rear
Brand new 4 aluminum cored radiator, with new alum oil lines
235/85/r16 Tires in VG condition
3/4 ton axles, 3.73 I have a factory eaton carrier, never got around to putting it in.

The body is solid, with little rust. I was going to replace the passenger fender, do some minor body work, and paint the truck to make it realy nice. The interior just needs a good cleaning and carpet. I started to remove the rear AC but didnt get all the way there. Like I said this has been my project for years, I obviously know I was spending way too much money on the old girl but we all know how that goes. I am just looking to recoupe a little something to help towards expenses coming up. I am not greedy. My hope is that someone would either want to fix the piston and drive the truck for another 10 years, or use all the parts for their own project. I almost would rather part the truck out but that won't work right now either.

The truck still runs and drives, however I am not driving it for fear of doing damage to the block. Even in it's bewildered condition the truck still has gobbs of power. The motor was capable of delievering 500-550 ft-lbs in full effect. I lost the cummins bug after I got the truck back on the road. Anyway, if anyone is interested or knows anyone who might be, kindly spread the word. I may put the truck up on ebay shortly if I muster up the motivation. I also have the original T04B banks unit with about 7K on it kicking around if anyone is looking for one. If anyone has any questions please let me know. Thanks and regards,
Mike
mpascino@alum.rpi.edu

C.K. Piquup
10-15-2005, 16:22
Sorry to hear of your bad luck.How much would you be asking for the Suburban?

mpascino
10-23-2005, 10:27
Make me a reasonable offer. I am prob going to start parting it out soon....