PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Diagram - FYI

Stage1
10-03-2005, 11:54
Just found some printed information published by GM on wiring diagrams for 87' Blazer/Suburban. These are only a chapter in a book for GM/Chevrolet trucks. The diagrams are about 12 by 17 inches, each page shows a description of a circuit. Their are 40 circuits shown for the Blazer/Suburbans. Each page is very detailed showing switches, relays, solnoids, wire size color, volts, amps, connector number, and a lot more information. The diagrams most of the time start at the fuse block and go out from their.

Purpose of this post is to identify this source of information. If interested, I can find the title of this publication.

john8662
10-03-2005, 12:52
Back in the 80's GM published a set of manuals for these trucks. One main manual covered the truck/sub/blazer and brief information on the engines available. Another book was available for the engine itself for training, a really good one for the 6.2 engine that is more of a blue print of the engine.

To the point, GM did publish a separate manual that just has the wiring diagrams for the chassis, I have this preticular book for my 86 pickup, and it was a separate manual.

There are military manuals floating around that are on the web that are in an electronic format. The military did have blazers (M1009) and pickups (M1008, M1010) and some suburbans, that were plain jane versions.. I haven't seen any of these manuals in person, but they could possibly have exactly what you're describing..

Lightyear
10-04-2005, 02:41
Those diagrams sound a lot like what I bought from Helm. My manuals kit came with a component repair book, and general service book for the 6.2, and a book of schematics. Interstingly enough, some of the diagrams for the Burb are missing small bits of information...there are some circuits not labeled, some just plain not there. But overall really helpful. Their webpage is: www.helminc.com. (http://www.helminc.com.) I paid about $125 for my set. Hope this helps.
Buzz

FredM
10-06-2005, 14:23
i'm going for the helm set for christmas do you have any pointers before i commit?

Lightyear
10-06-2005, 14:31
Yeah; if you order online, make sure you search the drop-down menu for the right vehicle. As I recall, finding the reference for my '88 model V10 was a little less than intuitive. Of course, you could always just call. The manual set was out of print for about 3 months. It suddenly showed up available. I ordered and had it in hand in about 3 days to Georgia. Best $120 I've spent yet. Soon as I get a garage, I can really put the books to use. Good luck with your truck!

Buzz

Stage1
10-13-2005, 16:23
The wiring diagram I am refering to are in a book titled "1987 CHEVY LIGHT TRUCK WIRING DIAGRAM BOOK CHEVROLET". It is about 12 by 17 inches and has hundreds of pages of electrical diagrams and associated information for trucks, pickups, Blazer, Suburban, and vans.

Hope this helps,
Les

Lightyear
10-17-2005, 07:27
Les - I would say you have either an original Chevy document, or the reprint from Helm. I don't have mine in front of me, but my Helm issue fits that description. Oddly enough, there are a few pages that seem to be missing parts of the schematics...of course, they are some of the 6.2 LH6 pages. Hmmm.

Buzz

Stage1
10-23-2005, 12:47
A little more detail on the wiring diagram book, it is titled "1987 Light Duty Truck Wiring Diagram Booklet" w/ number "ST-350-87" on the front cover. Vehicles covered are CK Truck, G Van, P Models, ST Truck, M Van, and RV Truck( blazers and suburbans). The first 16 pages are technical discriptions for fixing problems, followed by around 200 pages of wiring diagrams( 40 pages on blazers/suburbans).
The diagrams for each vehicle show each wire connection at the terminals and components, but only one wire for the wiring harness. The diagrams are by circuits, e.g. windshield wiper operation, power windows. Therefor it is easier to solve a specific problem.