PDA

View Full Version : HELP - need parts!

JeepSJ
05-28-2004, 14:20
I need a TV cable bracket. GM lists those as a discontinued part and they have none left in their warehouses. This is the bracket that mounts in the engine valley. Anyone have a spare they are willing to part with?

gmc64sub
05-28-2004, 20:37
I was looking around for this same bracket and got lucky- I stopped by "Last Mile" salvage yard in Upper Lake, CA, and voila! There it was for the taking. I had to borrow a 15mm deep socket and got filthy, but was happy to have the bracket in hand. I also grabbed the cable with adjuster. The extension that actually hooks up to the throttle linkage is still available from GM, by the way.

Good Luck!

catmandoo
05-29-2004, 06:05
i have an engine out of my 84 i'll look and see if it's still there.if it is i'll get a pic for ya

JeepSJ
05-30-2004, 11:20
I actually got lucky at a pull-a-part yesterday. They had one truck with a diesel and I scored lots of little pieces that I need. I got a TV cable bracket with rod, throttle cable bracket, water port block-offs for the back of the heads, a complete glow plug wiring harness, the fuel return tubing, and all the related fasteners. Total cost $12.50. It was a good day.

catmandoo
05-30-2004, 12:58
good deal,i just got a look at mine yesterday and it was gone.

britannic
05-30-2004, 18:18
FYI: www.gmpartsdirect.com (http://www.gmpartsdirect.com) carries the brackets in their NOS obsolete stock, so anyone who can't find one at the pick-n-pull can try there.

JeepSJ
06-02-2004, 16:10
I tried GM Parts Direct first. After I placed the order they contacted me and said that they had none in stock and they were on backorder from GM with no scheduled delivery date. If they have some, the guy I talked to didn't know about it. For the price, seems like they would be a good thing to stock up and sell on Ebay.

britannic
06-02-2004, 20:39
Bummer, that's where I grabbed mine.

Originally posted by JeepSJ:
I tried GM Parts Direct first. After I placed the order they contacted me and said that they had none in stock and they were on backorder from GM with no scheduled delivery date. If they have some, the guy I talked to didn't know about it. For the price, seems like they would be a good thing to stock up and sell on Ebay.