PDA

View Full Version : Off-road story: First time roll/flop

dieselcrawler
09-19-2005, 20:42
Had the ol' K-5 out for a little fun the other night, was out on an old logging road, up on a hill side above the area where my drunk friends were having a kegger... I don't drink, so I got board, and was playin', and coming back down, I zigged when I should have zagged, and next thing I know I'm laying on my drivers door, and there seems to be dirt outside the side windows. Yup, wheels don't make you go when they are in the air. Shut 'er down, climbed out the back, snapped some shots with my camera, and hollered for some of the drunk buddies to come help shove it back to it's wheels. Took about 6 of us, flopped back over, and once I fixed the now-bent tie rod/drag link, and got the motor to start, (it sure smoked alot, had to have been oil in the left side cyl bank, has cleared up now... drove it about 40 miles since) it drove out, and made it home just before the sun came up. Gettin' too old for this all-night crap... but all said and done, had one heck of a good time, no real damage done...

Later.....
Greg