PDA

View Full Version : Britannics Cummins conversion

mhagie
04-17-2005, 09:53
Britannic, Now that you have had a little time to experience your conversion what do you think about it, good bad or ugly.
Do it again? any changes?
Merle

britannic
04-17-2005, 16:09
The project has stalled :( ; running my NAPA Autoparts store (I bought it 10 months ago) is taking all of my time and energy right now. I'm yearning to finish the project though - there's about 25 hours more work left.

darkroad
04-17-2005, 16:50
Good luck with your store, I bought my NAPA store when I was 19, added a auto machine shop and practically lived there for the next 9 years before I sold out. Don't miss the business but do miss the nicer customers. Been out of it for 16 years now but it still seems like yesterday. PS Only got 3 vacations in those 9 years.

Again good luck

darkroad

84 Convert
04-17-2005, 20:58
I've been itching to ask the very question mhagie did! When you get it done will there be any pics? I sure hope so! I'll probably be following in your footsteps in a way. The crew cab is due for a turbo and 4911 pump soon, and a Cummins much later. I'll be interested in any info you'll have due to the fact that your truck is of a similar vintage.

Good luck with both your endeavors!!

Gregg

Peter J. Bierman
04-19-2005, 11:38
And Britannic is doing a good job with his store, he found me some "no more available" parts for my restoration project smile.gif

Keep up the good work on both projects

Thanks, Peter ;)

SteveMc
04-30-2005, 16:58
Too bad you live so far away. I would come over and help out with the project.

We deal a lot with NAPA in Salisbury Md. Great family owned business just expanded to two stores.

ALWAYS Take time to smell the diesel once and a while.

SteveMc

britannic
05-01-2005, 05:45
Of course, I have to console myself with my wife's Chevy 2500HD Duramax (I have treated her truck to a few choice upgrades, like a K&N air filter, Predator reflash and soon, a turbo-back 4" SS exhaust system).