PDA

View Full Version : Humvee Replica

Robyn
04-08-2005, 18:07
I have been working on building a Humvee replica kit that is called a Badlands R/T and is made by Classics Roadsters II.
I installed an 87 6.2 diesel in the beast to keep the theme correct. The frame and running gear are 82 Suburban 1/2 ton 4x4.
With the tilt front end the little 6.2 is so darned easy to work on, ya just sit on a tire and go at it. There as absolutely nothing that ois at allhard to work on. All the bell housing bolt can be reached with a box end wrench. This thing is far easier than an AM general Hummer as the engine does not sit back into the fire wall.
Here is the web address to find my beast. HI forum.com Robyns Badlands (http://www.h1forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1474)
I have always loved the 6.2 diesel but at times working on them can try ones patience a bit. It is way kewl when you can design it your way and make the tough spots easier.
Check out my toy.

More Power
04-12-2005, 13:53
Looks like quite a project! Keep us posted.

We ran a story about 3 years ago, written by Jim Allen, who built a BumVee - Hummer replica - using a 1983 diesel Blazer chassis. We may be re-running that story.

I think they're cool! :D

MP