PDA

View Full Version : Goodwrench/GM Replacment engines

Camarrow
01-15-2004, 11:07
Please excuse all my topics I have posted as of late but I am just trying to be sure I cover all my bases on my 6.2 purchase.
The truck I am looking at(86 K-20 6.2/th400) had a new engine put in it 80,000 ago, then a trans very shortly after (suprised someone blew up a th400). The current owner bought it from a dealership that got it as a trade with a bad trans. He was told they had to give the guy $5500 for the truck because thats what the new engine cost. I didn't see a goodwrench sticker but was dark under the hood (kinda forgot to look for it). The engine was new in 96 . So if it is a new engine would it still possibly have the main web cracks? Would it be a 21 to 1 engine? Are the heads going to be better? Were the head gaskets a impoved design? It has a 2 year old Banks sidewider and a EGT gauge (no boost). So as far as I can tell this truck is a good buy and just working on the price. Just wondered if there is a casting #s or other things I should look for. The guy is sure it is a 6.2 not a 6.5.
Thanks