PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 turbo on 6.2, oil tap?

Scott Nixon
03-26-2005, 15:14
Gathering parts and cleaning grease in preparation of swapping a 6.5 turbo setup on my 6.2.

Latest roadblock is oil feed for the turbo. Doesn't look like the 6.2 has a plug where the 6.5 block feeds oil to the turbo? Is this the case, or is there just too much grease to see it? :D

If it truly isn't there on a 6.2, where to I get an oil supply from?

Thanks,

Scott Nixon

arveetek
03-26-2005, 20:21
You're correct...there is no oil feed on the passenger side of the 6.2L like there is on the 6.5L. However, you can tap into a feed on the driver's side of the engine. Just above the oil cooler ports is an oil plug. You'll probably need a special 1/4" plug remover in order to get it out....it's pretty stuck. I was able to use a small 1/4" socket adapter, but it would be really easy to break it off in the plug, and that could be a bad thing. That's why I would advise against using the socket wrench adapter or extension.

Casey

Dezman125
03-27-2005, 07:35
Hi
You can put a tee into the port where your oil preasure sending unit go's into the block.The ATS turbo system get's it's oil form there.I'm not sure if Banks does the same or not.

TimK
03-28-2005, 07:03
The Banks Turbo on my 85' taps into the same port that Casey desribed above. I had the the pleasure of removing this plug with the engine removed from the truck. With the engine in the truck it is very difficult to see and to get to.

TimK

Scott Nixon
03-28-2005, 08:17
Thanks guys!

I think I'll use a "T" off the oil pressure sender, from the looks of its location I think I can reuse the 6.5 oil line.

Scott Nixon