PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust and other mods

Camarrow
01-08-2004, 06:22
Well I think I pretty much have the things I should look for when buying a truck. What power mods should I look for and or do after purchase to improve drivablity. Most of what I have seen that Dr.Lee did are repeatable. Do you think a sound stock N/A long block with his external mods will be a big improvment? I was wondering if anyone is running headers on a N/A 6.2/6.5. If you look at Salina Power Sports(www.salinapowersports.com/index.cfm?action=mkd) they have a 6.5 N/A kit that has headers 2.5" duals and 40" glasspacks(I am guessing to prevent plugging). They claim to increase the power to within 5 hp of a turbo 6.5. I have read that most people think the 6.2/6.5 N/A manifolds aren't that restrictive. Does anyone have a flow bench test to prove it? They look a awful lot like a 454 log manifold to me. On a stock 454 changing the manifolds to headers is a 30-50 hp gain. A stock 454 doesn't have that much bigger rpm range than a 6.2. I just wondered if there was a gain worth worrying about without the stress of a turbo. Lastly is there away to find the closest Stanadyne certified service center to my location? Had no luck with my searches.