PDA

View Full Version : new engine wows

Sub Spe
03-17-2005, 16:51
I posted a while back that I had a wrist pin go bad in my 6.2 at 197K miles while moving to New Mexico. It has been months and way too much $$$ later and I have a

More Power
03-17-2005, 20:01
My first 6.2 developed leaking head gaskets that caused coolant to continually fill the surge tank.

It's hard to predict why a newly rebuilt engine would be doing this unless there was some sort of assembly error or a defect was overlooked in the cyl heads.

The 6.2/6.5 Cylinder Heads (http://www.thedieselpage.com/members/gmheads.htm) link in the Member's Area was recently updated, and may be of some help.

MP

arveetek
03-18-2005, 06:57
Sounds to me as well that combustion gases are getting into the cooling system, whether from faulty head gaskets or cracked heads, etc. That's the classic symptoms: overflowing coolant reservoir without overheating.

Sorry. :(

Casey

Phil Holmen
03-18-2005, 07:01
What type of intake heater do you have??
Sorry to stray...

Sub Spe
03-18-2005, 10:25
Originally posted by Phil Holmen:
What type of intake heater do you have??
Sorry to stray... I put an intake heater from a Duramax in the intake plenum (the Banks box) and wired it to a Ford Powerstroke glowplug solenoid and activated that with a momentary on switch. The jury is still out on whether or not it has been worth it as the engine is still reluctant to light.

John

blazer84
03-19-2005, 21:41
[quote]Originally posted by Sub Spe:
[b]
When it was put back together it wouldn