PDA

View Full Version : Gear Vendors Overdriver

Sboone
12-24-2003, 17:14
What is the difference between a J-Type Gearvendor Overdriver and P-Type and how to tell the difference by looking at them?
I bought an 82 Crewcab with a 6.2 replacement Goodwrench motor. It also had a Overdriver from Gearvendors hanging off the 400 Turbo. A Magazine "4x4 Garage" Dec 03 issue shows an install of one in a ford. The one under my chevy crew looks in almost new condition and exactly like the one in the article. However Gearvendors said it is a J-Type by my description, and serial #(after they changed the 5 digit from a 2 to a 0). This crew is an engine donor to another truck. However the overdriver would be an added plus. Any better knowledge would be helpful.

62diesel@shaneboone.com

leaf40
12-28-2003, 08:04
Does the OD unit have a splined/slip or a fixed bolt-a u-joint to it output?

Sboone
12-29-2003, 15:32
It will be a few days until I get back to the truck, I'll look then and reply.

Thanks

Craig M
12-30-2003, 13:05
Have a similar situation. Bought an 82 crew cab dually with the Gear vendors unit. Worked fine at first, then would not engage. Called Gear Vendors to discuss solution. Their only coment was they do not make the "J" any more and do not repair them either. Gave me a quote to "upgrade" to the new "P" model. Some service!!