PDA

View Full Version : 88

Coketruck
12-21-2003, 12:15
I need to replace the injectors on my 88 6.2 Blazer.I think there is a change on the injectors type between 1987 and 1988.I think in 1987 was long body and 1988 cames with short body.Could it be correct?
I should to remove one of them to be sure what kind they are,before to order them,but the truck is daily running,and i was thinkin maybe someone could to know what kind of injectors are in my engine.
They are Bosch 0430211056.
Someone knows these injectors?

Thanks. ;)

crew84
12-21-2003, 12:51
I asked pretty much the same question a few posts back and nobody gave a definite answer like they were sure. Thanks for keeping the question going but it looks like I am going to have to ask a rebuilder. It seems like our vast pool of resources are not monitoring this forum lately.

Peter J. Bierman
12-21-2003, 14:21
I looked it up in the 1997 reprint and found that only the 82'/83'used the long injectors.
On the part suppliers websites they have two types for 82'till '87.
Thing is that I have and'85 and injectors for a 6.5 are supposed to fit my heads?
The injector nozzles for my truck are the same as for a 6.5l at least the type is simmilar.
So I am not sure on this thats why I did not respond the post from crew84.
As for the price of injectors, why are the differances so big?
I found the only differance for normal injectors and marine HI FLOW ones are the nozzles and they cost only like $ 30.- so why a set of injectors for like 300 extra? You tell me!

Peter

Coketruck
12-22-2003, 04:10
Look at this,
http://www.dieselservices.com/webstore/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=14&CFID=227439&CFTOKEN=28317058

It appears that not only changes the body longitude,it changes the thread type too.

The injector on the picture appears to have the same reference than my engine injectors.
I,have written some mails to this company,but they doesn,t reply...
Finally i,ll have to remove one for be sure what kind they are.
It,s incredible,that any Diesel company can say to me if they have the correct part for my engine giving them the reference. :(

grape
12-22-2003, 06:11
short injectors are for vans, 82 only had corse thread injector bodies. And yes the 311 marine nozzle can be placed in all 6.2 6.5 injectors.

britannic
12-22-2003, 09:32
Originally posted by grape:
short injectors are for vans, 82 only had corse thread injector bodies. And yes the 311 marine nozzle can be placed in all 6.2 6.5 injectors. FYI: YMMV, but my rebuilder told me he couldn't reuse my 6.2L inj. bodies and rebuild them with 6.5L components.

Coketruck
12-22-2003, 10:12
[QUOTE]Originally posted by grape:
[QB] short injectors are for vans,

In the link i have posted above,says that 88-89 C/K trucks has the short body type too.
Here is the doubt.

crew84
12-22-2003, 11:48
I called DIS and talked to Randy. He said that the injectors on a 1988 -1992 were short body. They fit the Vans and CKs The componets are more expensive because of a design change. The kicker is that he also said that they were not better/improved over the old type. It was more of a change that one size fits all. He also said that you need the later fuel lines which are longer to use the short ones since the early ones will not reach.

britannic
12-22-2003, 13:59
Originally posted by crew84:
I called DIS and talked to Randy. He said that the injectors on a 1988 -1992 were short body. They fit the Vans and CKs The componets are more expensive because of a design change. The kicker is that he also said that they were not better/improved over the old type. It was more of a change that one size fits all. He also said that you need the later fuel lines which are longer to use the short ones since the early ones will not reach. YMMV, but I got my 6.2L lines to connect to the 6.5LTD short body injectors, it wasn't that difficult either.

dieselbegreat
12-22-2003, 15:23
I did this a year ago with mine. I pulled an injector and had it in hand when I called to order a set. The guy (at MWFI in my case) asked me to read him the numbers stamped on it and measure how long it was. That's it. Good point about the injector line length having to match the injectors. Bosch 311 sounds familiar. I think they were less than $25 ea. rebuilt.

Coketruck
12-23-2003, 10:01
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dieselbegreat:
[QB] I did this a year ago with mine. I pulled an injector and had it in hand when I called to order a set. The guy (at MWFI in my case) asked me to read him the numbers stamped on it and measure how long it was.

Hello,
Could yo say to us where you bought your injectors?
What it means MWFI?
Have they web-page?

Thanks.

Jorge.