PDA

View Full Version : Turning up ip

kojo
12-15-2003, 14:57
I'm sure somewhere here was guide to turn up db2 injection pump, i have printed it, but now i cant find papers and neither online version. Could some one post it here? Could it be done ip in truck and how much i have to disassemble ip?
Thanks

Daan
12-17-2003, 09:00
Kojo,

Check out this thread:

http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=002052

kojo
12-17-2003, 10:21
Thanks! that was just what i was looking for, maybe i used wrong search words. I think theres enough information for me, doesn't look so bad to do

5.7L oldsdiesel
12-22-2003, 13:26
I beleive that 1/8 of a turn should suffice.I'm not sure though by going 1/4 of a turn........more black smoke and decreased fuel economy will be the result.......i could be wrong though. smile.gif

catmandoo
12-22-2003, 18:54
after putting on my banks i turned mine up about an 1/8 to a 1/4 and ended up turning it back a little as it was smoking like a locomotive.also seems to have better power this way too.

kojo
12-23-2003, 13:28
Well, turned it up today, approx 1/4 turn, i havent drove more than about 5 miles after that, but i can feel the power! it's just like different truck, couldn't say anything about smoke becouse there is so dark. Originally i hadn't any smoke and no power also, it changed to smaller gear almost in every time whe i needed power, but now it can pull better smile.gif

dieselcrawler
12-24-2003, 19:56
I'm guessing by the posts that I've read that it would be safe for me to turn up the IP on my truck also, as I have little to no smoke at any time aside from a little puff on start-up. It seems like a simple thing to do... I'll let you know if it makes a diffrence.
Greg

britannic
12-24-2003, 21:04
Originally posted by DieselCrawler:
I'm guessing by the posts that I've read that it would be safe for me to turn up the IP on my truck also, as I have little to no smoke at any time aside from a little puff on start-up. It seems like a simple thing to do... I'll let you know if it makes a diffrence.
Greg YMMV, but be safe and use an EGT gauge to guide how much to turn it up. It's actually possible not to have any smoke and already by running too hot. IMHO, make sure the fuel system is in good shape, the timing chain is in good condition and the timing is correct.

dieselcrawler
12-25-2003, 07:53
Where should the EGT readings be taken? Is there a certain place to measure the temp, and if it's only measured on one side, will the other side be the same, or close enough? Are there factory provisions for the placement of a EGT gage in the manifolds already? Or can this be installed in a weld-in type 'bung' in the down pipe, just out of the manifold? Thanks for the info... I'm starting to get a grasp on how all this fits together, but humble enought to know I've got along way to go...
Merry Christmas!
Greg

catmandoo
12-25-2003, 09:16
are you running a turbo? if so and its the factory exhaust manifold there is a raised little square on the valvecover side right below where the turbo bolts on that is where i tapped mine for the probe.as everyone will tell you put it in before the turbo if at all possible.

dieselcrawler
12-25-2003, 09:30
Nope, no turbo.... yet. This is a stock 6.2L J motor, CUCV model.
Greg