PDA

View Full Version : Thermostat Alternatives for 6.2L

tc87suburban
07-29-2005, 09:27
I've been trying to locate a Robertshaw 180* thermostat for my '87 6.2L. Kennedy Diesel is out of stock on the 370 series stat and I can't find them anywhere else. I've checked out the Mr. Gasket version of the Robertshaw stat however they don't list one for the 6.2L. Same with the BeCool version of the RS stat. Is there another engine application that will fit the 6.2L? Or, does anyone have any ideas on where I can find a Robertshaw or other high flow 180* stat?

Blzr6.2'83
07-29-2005, 17:41
Here in phoenix they have one at Carquest, but it is thirty bucks. I am actually going to buy it tomorrow, so I will be able to tell you how it works on monday or so.

tomsepe
07-29-2005, 21:17
I am also looking for one of those 'stats... I can get a 190deg one at Napa... can't rememeber the manufacturer... but I probably won't know if it is a high flow unless I look at it. I guess I could pull my old one and compare them. My engine was rebuilt by one of the previous owners so overall it is in great shape. '86 chevy suburban running on veggie oil. I just got the heads back from the machinist and they are in great shape and I hope to start reassembly this weekend.

HammerWerf
08-01-2005, 05:59
Folks,

I found that Kragen Checkers Schucks carries them under the Prestone label. RobertShaw sold their thermostat line to Cooper Tire & rubber.

Try this link:

Checker, Kragen, Schucks (http://www.cskauto.com/)

Go through shopping and choose the vehicle you want parts for.

HammerWerf

darkroad
08-01-2005, 13:03
Hey guys Here you go. I found mine a couple of months ago at

www.flowkooler.com (http://www.flowkooler.com)

order #370-180

$12.24 plus shipping

darkroad

JeepSJ
08-01-2005, 23:44
I bought a couple of the Mr Gasket stats - they are the same diameter as a stock stat. They should interchange without any problems.

tc87suburban
08-09-2005, 09:53
HammerWerf -
Thanks for the tip on Shucks - Kragen. I got a 370-180 "Prestone" stat from the Shucks in Eugene for $12.99. The box has the Robertshaw and Cooper Standard logos in addition to the Prestone name. If they keep selling off that stat to new companies they're going to have to package it in a bigger box to make room for all the logo's!