PDA

View Full Version : Correct radiator overflow, C30

Craig M
07-23-2005, 08:50
Overflow for radiator has sprung a leak, 1982 C30. Went to Chevrolet parts dept. They ordered one. They got one that is about 3 times larger than mine. They say there's is correct. I am not original owner of this vehicle so cannot be sure. Mine sits in a wire "basket" and looks stock but? The dealer one has bolt holes on it, but looking at the area over the wheelwell, do not see any holes for mounting. Anyone know?

wthif
07-23-2005, 09:40
Originally posted by Craig M:
Mine sits in a wire "basket" and looks stock but? The dealer one has bolt holes on it, but looking at the area over the wheelwell, do not see any holes for mounting. Anyone know? I added an after market overflow and sounds just like the one you are talking about. My original was mounted low next to the radiator on the passenger side. Don't have any pics maybe someone does or can explain better than me; can't really remember it any more. But the after market one is available almost everywhere I buy parts.

EWC
07-23-2005, 10:08
Does it have 3 holes ? Mine sits almost in the middle of the fenderwell and towards the top .

Craig M
07-23-2005, 20:07
My 83 Suburban has one low on the radiator (not on the fender well). The one from the dealer seemed larger thatn the one on the Suburban. Will look at it.