PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance Check List Anything Im Missing?

P Nolan
03-04-2005, 16:07
Hello all

Looks like it was a good decision to join the diesel page.

I

shamanie
03-04-2005, 19:25
Congrats on your purchase and I wish you many trouble free miles.

I would add some powerservice at your next fill up. You can purchase it at walmart that's where I get mine. It will add lubricity to the pump and help clean out the fuel system. I've been using it religiously for a while now and am very happy with the results.

Also, I don't know that it's a big deal for most people, but I won't put any thing but fully synthetic oil in my engine. When I added mobil 1 Truck and Suv to my truck it was like my truck was the tin man and just got dorthy to put oil on the joints. I distinctly remember it being rather dramatic because over time and a few more oil changes the truck just ran, idled, and started more smoothely.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of fuel filter do you have? I used to have a see through one that had a rather small filter element that went in top side....let me tell ya, that thing was a piece of S%$T. Got a new primary filter housing with a big old filter and have'nt had fuel problems since.

P Nolan
03-06-2005, 21:44
Sory for the delay and thanks for the reply,

as far as he fule filter is concerned its firewall mounted, and looks likelong sardine can according to the original doc its standard replacement.

14075347 is the part number matches right up.

Im also going to get the fuel treatment I have seen a few on the market and appreciate the advice.

The synthetic is a bit more on the $ side but worth it I have a 96 explorer 150k mi and has been running synthetic since a 100 k I think saved.

Before I finalize the choice Im going to hit more threads on the viscosity and oil threads to try and keep and grab a good understanding. Either way Im going to stick to 2500 mile change interval. The trucks primary use is every other weekend when i have the whole family together and looking for out of the house time.