PDA

View Full Version : 1990 GMC 2500 glowplug issues

ccole
07-20-2005, 04:16
Hello everybody...
Its been a long time since I have had to post in the 6.2 forum, but I missed my old one so much, I went and bought another one. (1990 K2500 w/ 6.2 dsl) I have a couple questions for you 6.2 experts out there.

1. My glowplug "Wait" light will not come on when atttempting to start in the mornings. Nor are the glowplugs heating up either. But, I tested if you jump the 2 large terminals on the controller, the "Wait" light does illuminate and the glowplugs do heat up. So, I replaced the controller (Delphi brand) last night but it did not fix the problem. I also done away with the inhibitor switch as well. Any suggestions or troubleshooting guides out there on this?

2. I replaced the little electric fuel transfer pump also. If memory serves me correctly, a person can jump a couple wires that run to the oil pressure sender to make this pump run whenever the igntion is on. Is this correct? It seems like I was told that once before, to make filter changes much easier.

Thanks in advance you guys.... :D

opto
07-20-2005, 05:36
To get the fuelpump pumping just put 12 Volts (fused) to the lower far left terminal in the service(ALDL) connector under the dash (near the fuseblock)

ccole
07-21-2005, 07:47
Just curious if anybody has a troubleshooting guide to diagnose my faulty glowplug controller. Thank you....

arveetek
07-21-2005, 11:13
The Diesel Page on-line glow plug troubleshooting list:

http://www.thedieselpage.com/members/guide13.htm

Casey