PDA

View Full Version : Lucas oil

JeepSJ
04-05-2004, 12:00
Anyone using the Lucas diesel engine oil?

Here is their marketing blurb. I wonder if it is as good as they say.

"Lucas high TBN 15/40 Truck Oil is a blend of high quality base oils and an additive package that allows extended drain intervals and a much higher degree of protection from metal to metal contact.
The exclusive additive package in Lucas 15/40 insures a protective film on parts at all times. Also, the additive package is more resistant to break down from the solvents in diesel fuel than common additive packages found in regular 15/40 blends.

Motor oil is usually changed because it

heavydutydieselman3
04-05-2004, 18:00
i like the lucas oil stabilizer. havnt tried the oil yet. part stores around here only have the add. personaly i like the add. works great for me. my buddy uses a 50/50 mix. 50% lucas oil staybilizer and 50% rotella 15-40. been running it that way for 100,000 miles. he has a 89 3/4 ton 4x4 that now has 210,000. hope this helps. hddm3

TomEichenberger
04-06-2004, 04:24
I've also wondered about the Lucas products. The parts guy at Advance Auto recommended that I add it to mt usual 15w40? Don't know; I'm reluctant to use any thing other then good quality dinosaur juice & change it out at 2500-3000 miles, mainly because of the soot.

Another product that has been recommended to me is LE (Lubrication Engineers) Oil. Apparently this stuff is used by folks who run big stationary diesel engines and never turn them off (oil rigs, industrial applications etc.) Probably not applicable for those of use who have been known to turn our engines off.