PDA

View Full Version : Truck Pics Password Gone

mhagie
12-09-2003, 11:07
Methinks I removed password, don't know why I put it in anyway must of thought I was suppost to.
Anyhoo I think it be gone. :D
Merle

britannic
12-09-2003, 11:32
Very cool, thanks for sharing that with us!

BTW, re: picture #15, you may want to remove the insulation from the compressor side of the turbo, as you will want to reject as much heat as possible from the air charge.

gmctd
12-09-2003, 12:02
I said it twice, so I'll say it again - nice work!
(And, you can delete the one with the typpo!) ;)

mhagie
12-09-2003, 12:14
OOOOPS, Britannic when you mentioned in a post about your insulating your turbo I guess I took it completly to heart.
In all likelyhood the truck is in storage till spring so I will rectify that oversite this winter.
Of course you noticed it was insulated before I installed the front clip now It will be a little more challenging. :D
Merle

britannic
12-09-2003, 15:54
YMMV, but it would probably only be an issue above 12psi and more so on a hot day.

arveetek
12-12-2003, 06:45
Way to go Merle! Awesome truck you've got there. You're right, the '80 front end with square lights does look good! I've always been partial to the '81-82 front end, which is very similar, but I reallly like yours as well.

How long did it take to do the whole project? Any estimate on how much you've "invested?"

Great job!

Casey

mhagie
12-12-2003, 10:46
Casey,I would guess I've been around 4-5 yrs playing with this truck it was a pay as you go operation work on it in spare time etc.
I have all the reciepts in a shoe box that will never be totaled as I might not be able to take tha shock.
The truck is now in phase two, phase one was built as a 383 MPFI with a 700r4 and thru a adapter kit a NP203 full time t/case.
When I decided to dieselize it I used a 83 4x4 blazer as donor.
Seeing as by now I had enough money in it I decided it will never see an Iowa winter so a full time 4x4 wasn't needed, the blazer NP208 was used.
As far as total dollars all I can say is engine was a tad over 5k turbo 1800 bowtie overdrive 700r4 1500 plus all the other goodies cab,box,etc
botom line is I have enough in this thing to have a lot newer truck but it has been an experience I enjoyed and would do again with one exception, that being I would have powered it with a D/MAX :D ........... Merle