PDA

View Full Version : WATER INJECTION FOR 6.5 INTAKE ?

juan gomez
02-15-2005, 21:50
LOOKING FOR OPINION ON WATER INJECTION ,IS IT AN GOOD OR WOULD I BE WASTEING MY MONEY AND TIME . I HAVE A LONG 2000 MILE TRIP COMING SOON. I PLAN TO TOW A TRAILER WIEGHING ABOUT 4000 LBS.

THANKS FOR ANY AND ALL INPUT,

DmaxMaverick
02-15-2005, 22:06
If you have no intentions of installing an intercooler, I highly recommend it. Definately not a waste of money. The only drawback is the water storage. You have to carry enough to get you from water hole to water hole, and it takes up what may be valuable space.

If installed and adjusted correctly, you'll enjoy lower EGT's, and a boost in power and economy, with less turbo lag than an intercooler.

rjschoolcraft
02-16-2005, 03:56
Welcome to the forum.

For more information on water injection, see this thread. (http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=007734) You should also do a search on "water injection". You'll find hours of interesting reading.

Barry Nave
02-16-2005, 04:08
I've had my own water system now for 4 yrs.
I have a 15 gal. tank though when on long trips I'll put 30 gal tank in the bed and tie it down.
Brings the IAT down and holds the IAT to 140* at 15* boost.
My system was in house home made. My 15 Gal. tank is lower then turbo but when I tie in the 30 gal tank I put a shut off vavle. I make sure to shut that tank off before I shut down the Eng.
If I dont then you know where the water goes.
Bad news if you forget :eek:

[ 02-17-2005, 02:05 AM: Message edited by: Bnave95 ]

DA BIG ONE
02-16-2005, 23:56
I have an IC, but I am installing water injection from Heath after IC to come on at 12+lbs.
Some say it is overkill, and not needed with IC, but with right nozzle intake charge will cooler. As far as the pump is concerned I may have to go with a 120psi unit to get water to mist better.
It has to be installed after IC so the water does not puddle in the IC.
Water tank will be mounted under truck along the chassis rail on the pass side.

Barry Nave
02-17-2005, 02:58
Nothing like steam cleaning the inside of the Eng :D