PDA

View Full Version : Surging on cold advance - problem likely found

84 C2B2
02-15-2005, 17:33
Hi all,

After my extensive rebuild and overhaul of my 84 CUCV she would surge on cold advance. I also had problems with the fuel gage working on either tank. I believe it came down to a fuel restriction in the dual fuel tank selector valve. Parts were removed from a donor truck that had sat for a few years. I believe the valve was sticking and had abundant amounts of air in the return system which caused the surging. She seems to be running fine with the exception of a couple of minor water drips from connections. My timing was at 6* and had it moved back to 3* BTDC. Seems to run fine now. Thanks for the earlier advice.

Jerry

john8662
02-15-2005, 19:35
Glad that its running better for you. I have often wondered if my tank switch on my 86 truck is causing some running issues I have. It'd odd that your CUCV has a tank switch, most trucks I've messed with have just the one, with a HUGE filler neck!

84 C2B2
02-16-2005, 15:57
It would seem strange but I brought her back to the civilian side of the house. Plans are to bring it to the next rendezvous. A lot of blood, sweat, and tears went into this project.

Jerry