PDA

View Full Version : Changed injectors!! Vendor recommendation inside.

mdregister
09-14-2004, 08:20
I changed out my old injectors with a set of rebuilt 6.2 injectors from Accurate diesel.

http://www.cleaninjectors.com/accuratediesel/diesel_injectors.html

My truck runs much better now with a nice smooth idle and much less smoke during acceleration. I definetely had a bad injector, as the small "hitch" I would get at about 1000 rpms is gone.

The remanufactured injectors were $148 plus a refundable core of $80. I payed for the parts (through Ebay) on Saturday, and received my package on thursday after labor day.

If you have the opportunity, pick up the Kent Moore 30mm diesel injector socket #J29873, it makes the job easier as it has a place on it's top to get at it with an adjustable wrench in tight spaces.

Dieselboy
09-14-2004, 09:55
Tim has done lots of good work for several people on here. I may just give him a call when it comes time for a new pump and injectors.

4x4Dreamer
09-14-2004, 12:33
I have nothing but good things to say about Tim. I bought my new pump and injectors from him and he answered about a million questions via email. He was never short and always gave me the info I needed.

I will buy injectors from Tim as long as I own my truck. Not only did he undercut everyone else on price, the service was outstanding.

Vaughn MacKenzie
09-14-2004, 14:33
$148 doesn't seem bad, I should try a set in my Blazer and see if that makes it happier. I am curious to know if it helps your mileage.

I assume my '84 takes the long fine-thread units.

Vaughn

mdregister
09-15-2004, 10:13
vAUGHN,

You are correct, the long, fine thread injectors should be the ones you need. All in all, not a horrible job to change the injectors, but I did find it somewhat difficult to reach some of them as my step-stool kept shooting out from under my feet. Luckily I have a belly that will hold on to the fender smile.gif