PDA

View Full Version : KNOCK

mhagie
11-09-2003, 18:59
I've been trying to take truck on maiden voyage for about 3wks now but have developed a problem.
Engine is a new Avant 6.5 reman, started and ran what seemed decent in shop but when I went to go on test run it developed a knock that seems to be load induced, at idle nothing,also it has a lot of stinking bluish smoke.
Cracked inj lines bliped throttle thought I pinned it down to #7, pulled injector noticed it was reman.
called Jamie he sent me all new injectors installed em today took it out again, same thing knock on acceleration not at idle,idles a tad rough,smokes, :mad:
Noticed on inspection of removed injectors #7& #8 injectors had no soot on them all others did.
Pump is a reman DB2-4911.
Any Ideas here? :confused:

panchosteam
11-11-2003, 07:47
Hi mhagie: when i first started my 6.5 after mounting it in the truck it had a nocking sound and i found that it was an the first injector on the driver side, how did i figured? i touched the line that goes on top of it then touched the line on two more injectors and you could feel a hard nocking on the first one, the other two feelt smooth, took out the suspected injector, it was not wet at all, i poped the injector with a machine i guess to check the psi and i took about 3 times to make it spray fuel, installed it back and nock was gone , maybe you are not getting fuel on those injectors?
hoppe this helps.
By the way: i'm almost ready to test drive this truck,i need to get me a power steering pump, my other pump went bad because i install the pulley crucked and fluid was coming out from the front of it, i got it to start real easy, when i got the engine did'nt have a IP on it so i got me a 4911 and i adjusted it my self.

1984 GMC SIERRA CLASSIC NOW WITH 6.5 TURBO