PDA

View Full Version : Injector Pump Wiring

cschneider
11-07-2003, 22:25
I have a question on wiring up the injection pump. I know there is the pink wire and the smaller green wire that go directly on the head. However, there is another connector on the same green wire and I have forgotten if it went on anything at all. Does anyone have any idea what this connector attaches to?

britannic
11-08-2003, 08:41
The green wire connects to the terminal at rear of the IP and to the fast idle solenoid on the right attached to the throttle frame. The pink wire connects the front of the IP. If the green and pink wire connections are reversed, the engine will start and then stop when it gets hot enough to disable the HPCA and fast idle circuit.

cschneider
11-08-2003, 12:01
Britanic, that's what it said on my wiring diagram but I can't find the fast idle solenoid. I'm not that incompetent when it comes to these things but I don't see any other connectors. Also, how does the HPCA hook up to the temp sender? I know it is a pink and green wire going into the sensor but does it matter which wire goes on which prong? Thanks for the help Britanic, you're like a walking Diesel Encyclopedia.