PDA

View Full Version : what if?

doncannon
11-05-2003, 19:28
What if I turbo my 170k truck without rebuilding? would I need to do a compression check? if so and compression is good could i do it? and if compression is low do you think it just could be the heads (valve are not sealing)?
Thank you in advance,
Don
PS feel free to add a parts list if you can.

catmandoo
11-06-2003, 05:35
what kinda oil consumtion ya got?just from my own personal observation 2 things are gonna happen.1st the turbo suction will increase the amount of oil being pulled thru the intake in effect if it is dry now after turbo you will have a film of oil in the intake and from most of the people here that is normal.2nd they seem to be harder on front and rear main seals my suburban was leaking at the rear and took the pan off and it was totally gone and it really didn't leak that bad just enough to bug the hell out of me.and after i replaced it now the front is leaking.i just switched mine from my 6.2 to 6.5 with 120,000 miles and it did affect oil consumption it was maybe from a quart in 2500 to a quart in 2300 but this seems pretty minimal to me so i don't worry about it.the extra power is worth a little oil.