PDA

View Full Version : Oily Banks

Thermal Jock
08-20-2004, 05:07
I guess it's normal for the Banks to spew a little oil to the intake. But I found a loose connector and when I went to repalce it, a couple teaspoons of oil dripped out. Seems like a lot of oil into the air flow. Like an old oil bath air filter!
Now it seems the Banks is spewing a little more now than in the past. Bad Bearings? Still functioning OK-- get 4 psi on the flats and 6 on uphills-- but thinking about replacement in the future vs. Banks rebuild. Anyone w/ suggestions?
It seems that most of the turbos that came off the 6.9 F**d's work better than the Banks.

JeepSJ
08-20-2004, 08:08
What is the condition of your CDR valve? Is there oil on the inlet side of the turbo also? If you have oil on the inlet side, check your CDR. If it is only on the outlet side, then oil may be coming around the seals. Those boost pressures seem to be about average for a Banks system on a 6.2.

catmandoo
08-20-2004, 18:48
they will spew some oil form what i see in mine.my 92 1/2 6.5 n/a i put my banks on off my 84 and it was getting the air chamber oily ,i replaced the cdr and didn't helpwhat i finally did was to run the hose from the cdr forward along the intake then down to below the intake pipe i made (i used 2 3inch 90 degree mandrel bent elbows welded together)then i tapped in on the bottom side of the pipe and that really slowed the oil consumption.i think it's just inherant in the banks to suck some oil