PDA

View Full Version : Power windows

Calvin 60
03-03-2004, 06:11
Has anyone had trouble with the driver's side power window. It will stop working some times and then a few minutes later start to work again. Any ideas would be appreciated.

tom.mcinerney
03-03-2004, 20:33
The switch in mine crapped out . Can get new from dealer or aftermarket. In your case might be switch, connector, or motor intermittent. Also could be a circuit breaker that resets after cool-down. Don't have book here. Is window binding in track?

GMCfourX4
03-04-2004, 11:02
Mine will do the same thing if I let it go ALL the way down. It got stuck 3 times down there (of course its been !^&@%* cold here for most of the winter I just pulled the door panel, loosened the screws on the motor housing, and gave it a couple taps. Since the 3rd time, I just haven't let the window go down all the way, and it hasn't given me any more trouble. I tested the switch etc the first time it happened, so I know my problem is the motor. I'm going to replace it when it warms up a bit.

-Chris

Jim H.
03-04-2004, 19:04
Mine also quits working if it is warm. Even if it is just from sitting in the sun, for example it happened the last day of the rendevous last year. It is still drawing power as the voltage meter moves but nothing happens. My suspicion is something in then mechanism in the motor. It doesn't matter since you can't get the motor by itself, it comes with the mechanism and costs almost $200.