PDA

View Full Version : Code Problem

Iceman222
03-05-2004, 19:22
Does anyone know what code 35 which states (injection pulse width error/ response time short) means

[ 03-05-2004, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: Iceman222 ]

BUZZ
03-06-2004, 05:51
If you search this you will find many clues to solve this, from grounds to air to IP to sensors.

Buzz

rjwest
03-06-2004, 12:23
I got this code twice( Inj pulse to short )
on my 96 ( diff code same meaning ).

Truck was stalling similiar to FSD problem, Happen many times over a year. Finnally got real bad.
Also had low RPM miss, Replaced IP.Fixed Prob.

Don't know what Problem was in pump...Elect/Mech.

Iceman222
03-06-2004, 23:49
I have done some research and found that it is a sign that the FSD is going bad, I am not ready to change it again. This would make it the third one. One in 2001 and one 2003 of course out of warranty. The last one I asked GMC to install the FSD cooler, but they said it would void the warranty. What A bunch of crap. About six months after they installed the first one it was coding again like it was before I got it replaced. Intermiten SES light was coming on at 45mph to 70mph, not always the same speed. Anywas so I told them something was wrong again and they said the code didn't mean anything. Well it did when I had to get it replaced again. Now it is doing it again. I have already made the repairs to fix codes 78, 84 and 99 but the 35 keeps coming up.

[ 03-06-2004, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: Iceman222 ]

rjwest
03-07-2004, 06:33
Iceman, I had the Fishbite, stalls , quit running and no starts, I DID have a bad FSD,
In fact I had 2 Bad FSD's , (ReplacementFSD only lasted 3 mounths.)...BUT!!! through all the FSD replacements the low RPM miss and intermittent (Quit/restart imediatly )did not go away ( along with the code )

It was the IP, ::: 2 problems at same time....

truck is now running fine for last 10 months.

I have been retesting all the old FSD's now that
the pump is running good,

The BAD FSD's work great for 3 weeks to
several months. Than REALLY BAD QUITS/ RESTARTS
ETC, which do not go away.

The BAD IP was a GM warrenty replacement at
22K miles, I bought truck at 43K miles.
and immmediatly noticed Low RPM miss (1600 rpm)
This miss did not go away untill I replaced pump.
at ? 78-K miles 0
( The FSD on pump failed at Appox 55K miles,No Starts in morning at 40 Degrees )

I do not think that there is any REAL way to
completly diagnoss the bad part.IPvsFSD

My IP symptoms ( when I finally changed pump )
were: at Overnight temps 30-45 degrees,
stalling as truck warmed up, 20-30 minutes
running and 1 fail sequence at 103degs on long hill climb,

Called Gomers: They said PUMP, were correct...
Hope this helps...

gmctd
03-07-2004, 09:41
As the identical code is recurrent over several FSD modules, more than likely the culprit is the Fuel Solenoid, and\or Inj Pump.

But, DTC-35 can be set when fuel is low, below 1/4 tank, plugged fuel filter, failing lift pump\OPS sender, plugged tank filter - anything which results in insufficient fuel supply to inj pump.
DTC-35 Response Time Short can indicate the ip is injecting air bubbles, as can Cylinder Balance Fault.

The PCM controls injection duration at idle to ensure smooth idle speed - Cylinder Balance codes mean unsuccessful control.