PDA

View Full Version : PMD relocation

Calvin 60
03-01-2004, 19:08
When installing the PMD isolation kit from Heath Diesel ... where is the PMD relocated to and how hard is this to do?

Marty Lau
03-02-2004, 07:48
Calvin,
Heath either provides a template for mounting behind the skid plate on a 4x4 or a mount for behind the bumper for a 4x2. He didn't have the mount when I did mine so I mounted mine on top of a frame cross member about under the seat. All I had was to drill two holes and change the mounting spacers on the heat sink plate. I think it took me alsmost as long to figure out where as to do it.

TurboDiverArt
03-02-2004, 18:02
Originally posted by 16ga SxS:
Calvin,
Heath either provides a template for mounting behind the skid plate on a 4x4 or a mount for behind the bumper for a 4x2. He didn't have the mount when I did mine so I mounted mine on top of a frame cross member about under the seat. All I had was to drill two holes and change the mounting spacers on the heat sink plate. I think it took me alsmost as long to figure out where as to do it. Mounting on a 4x4 is easy. The skid plate comes out with a handful of bolts. For me it was easier to pull it off and work with it off the truck. Line it up while off the truck, drill, bolt then put the skid plate and cooler back on. For me the hardest part was disconnecting the PMD wire from the old PMD. Was just tight on my truck but only took about 15 minutes to do. Whole job taking your time should not take more than 2 hours, and that's being very careful and slow.

Art.