PDA

View Full Version : Talk about the little thing's

Barry Nave
02-29-2004, 03:45
When it deals with the DS4,Ihad a crank pick up that went bad and caused a lot of codes and trouble. This is where the pump starts as in it's info to run are 6.5.
My point is this pick up does not last for ever.
It is not that hard to R&R and can save a lot of codes down the way.
Has any one had any trouble with this pick up?
BTW, truck run's as if I built it new :D

lupey6.5
03-01-2004, 06:52
a couple of years ago while off-roading (water &mud) my truck did something crazy. it surged seemingly out of control for 2 seconds and died right in the middle of about a foot of water+mud it took about 3 tries of 15sec. cranks to get it started back up. when it started it sounded like an old mechanical injection setup without the turbo, loud and rattling. it also gave me an instant check eng. light. it got me home and when i checked the codes there were so many, like 7 or 8. i called the turbo shop in town worried that my goose was cooked. they told me to start with the first code and work my way through them. first code was crank pos.sens. when i tried to remove the old one the metal ring along with the wires and the top part of the sensor broke off leaving the sensor still in the block. i had to thread a sheet metal screw into the old sensor to pull it out with pliers. that o-ring seals pretty good. anyway. new sensor installed it fired up and ran like a new truck w/no codes set.just to show how sensor problems can domino, don't fret work the codes

Barry Nave
03-01-2004, 14:42
Yep, your right.
Crank pick up is a bear to R&R.Mine just went south for some reason. Only untill I keep clearing the codes did 19 ended up being the only one left.