PDA

View Full Version : Odometer dead!

DA BIG ONE
06-21-2004, 11:22
Well, while on a trip my odometer/trip odometer crapped out after fueling and hitting the button to reset. Is this a common problem, or?

The speedo works fine.

markrinker
06-21-2004, 14:50
All the gauges in the factory cluster are electronic, rather than cable driven. Since it failed when you reset the trip odometer, I would guess that one of the small plastic gears that run off the small electric motor on the backside of your cluster has broken or come loose.

I happen to have a tachometer/speedo cluster from a 1997 showing 68,000 miles. It was removed by a gorilla, so there is some damage to the case and circuit board. If you would like it for spare parts, let me know. I think $25 bucks, (including shipping) would be fair.

CareyWeber
06-21-2004, 14:55
Try resetting it while moving my trip odometer has stuck a couple of times and that has got it going again.

Carey

Dihrdbowti
06-24-2004, 20:06
I had an older Blazer with the tripometer and was told by a speedo shop that the one cause of failure on all of these new and old (except digital) was resetting it while driving.

DA BIG ONE
06-28-2004, 03:41
Originally posted by Mark Rinker:

I happen to have a tachometer/speedo cluster from a 1997 showing 68,000 miles. It was removed by a gorilla, so there is some damage to the case and circuit board. If you would like it for spare parts, let me know. I think $25 bucks, (including shipping) would be fair. Would this fit the 1999 suburban?
If so, send me an e-mail coin_ops@bellsouth.net

markrinker
06-28-2004, 05:02
I'll shoot a digital pic of what I have and email it to you. It may be useful in whole, or parts for what ails your cluster.