PDA

View Full Version : Where to get Schematics for 95 truck

BigMikeO
10-07-2004, 03:30
hello all,

Does anyone know where I could find the wiring schematic for my 95 truck. Specifically for the instrument cluster. Something is wrong but I don't know if its the instrument cluster, the wiring harness that it plugs into, or the trucks computer itself.

about two months ago the temprature gauge stopped working and yesterday I lost the Tach, and the battery gauge won't read past 12 volts and the low battery light came on. The truck runs fine and I checked the batteries and they read as fully charged so I am guessing it's an electrical issue with the truck.

Thanks,
Mike

mlwilliams
10-07-2004, 15:08
I've got the schematics and to be honest they aren't much help. My 95 doesn't match them in alot of cases. I'd go after the grounds first. There is a ground on mine that is up under the dash near where your left foot would be when driving and where the cross bar ties into the truck frame. Also double check your voltages that the various components are seeing. I had a bad ignition module in the steering column and that was feeding 7-10 volts to the fuse block for some of the fuses.

gmenor
10-07-2004, 16:26
Send me your email address. I got schematics off of Alldata

tanker
10-07-2004, 16:41
Mike, try to clean the contacts where the instrument panel plugs into the dash. Only a suggestion, since I've had mine out a few times replacing bulbs etc. smile.gif

Spindrift
10-07-2004, 18:00
tanker,

By any chance would you be headed out to Dillsburg, PA this weekend?

BigMikeO
10-11-2004, 12:49
Originally posted by gmenor:
Send me your email address. I got schematics off of Alldata I can't figure out how to do a private message in this forum so here is my email address.

Thanks

[ 10-13-2004, 03:28 AM: Message edited by: BigMikeO ]

gmenor
10-11-2004, 15:48
Mike,
Sent you the diagrams. Hope they help.

BigMikeO
10-13-2004, 08:23
I believe I may be able to figure this out but I have a question. Would it be OK or is it possible to start the truck with the instrument panel off? I want to see if I am getting any voltage from the pins of the effected gauges.

on a side note, it appears that the tach reads the RPM's off the Alternator?? interesting.

moondoggie
10-13-2004, 08:45
Good Day!

With any electrical problem with a truck this old, it's always worth bringing all the grounds up to snuff. In DTC 35 - Help! (http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004386#000000) (Click in colored text.), I was able to fix a problem that no schematic would have led to (yeah, it's still working perfectly).

Blessings!

Brian Johnson, #5044