PDA

View Full Version : stalls, no start, no codes

FarmerDale
02-24-2004, 17:19
Yeah, I know similar threads have been started, and I have searched them for answers. Mostly an update, but would welcome input. After I did cooling upgrades and timing chain change, thought I was in store for a few more good years, without problems. Got the TDC offset set @ -1.00, then added 11 gal of fuel to the tank. Driving away, the truck sputtered, then ran, then died at a stop. Fired up, and drove another 75 miles. While idling in my yard, the truck died and wouldn't restart. After 5 hours, it did start. Codes were 88 (ongoing intermittent tranny code) and 89 (TDC offset beyond -2.02, occurred while setting timing).

I went through most of the DTC 35 troubleshooting guide, and found a very dirty fuel filter. Changed it (probably 60k on that filter), drained the housing and cleaned it out. Started truck and it ran fine. Pulled a trailer early Mon, got home safely. Truck sat most of the day, then as I was backing the trailer in to unhook, the truck stalled, and there is no restart. Tried this morning, checked the still clean fuel filter, and even changed it again.. Lift pump shoots fuel about 2" into the air out of the filter bleed valve. No codes using paperclip technique, so I will have truck towed to dealer tomorrow am (DS4 still under warranty).

Will keep posted under this thread.

rjwest
02-25-2004, 06:02
Most Lickly FSD.

GOOD LUCK WITH GM " NO SERVICE " SERVICE WARRENTY

FarmerDale
03-09-2004, 05:29
I promised an update, and here it is.

Truck went to the dealer. They waited for me to bring an FSD Cooler in before diagnosing and resolving the problem. They changed the FSD and installed it on the cooler, then replaced the seals on the front transaxle which were leaking. I haven't seen the bill yet, but I did remind them a couple times that the fuel injection system is covered until 120k. All is well, and with the new UNI foam air filter and airbox mods, I get that turbo whine on acceleration. I love it!!