PDA

View Full Version : Over Reving??

sk8rdi16
10-05-2004, 05:10
There is a 1995 Suburban for sale that the guy claims is over reving?? He says he thinks it could be just the accelerator pedal or the injection pump. Anyone experience something like this?
Here is a link to the ad. '95 Burb (http://www.greasecar.com/clasi_view.cfm?adID=213)

Looks to be a decent truck.

Thanks!!

Keith Richards
10-06-2004, 16:19
Looks like a really fair deal on a nice truck. I've had my truck rev on several ocassions for no reason at all.Best case senario for you is a little throttle cable problem,good luck.

markrinker
10-06-2004, 16:29
No throttle cable to stick on the 6.5's, only a triple-redundant throttle position potentiometer at the top of the accelerator. One input of many for the to the ECM.

I suppose it could be failing and be sending a full throttle position signal to the ECM, but never have heard of that one before.

There is a dash warning light for 'Service Throttle' for bad throttle position sensors, I'd ask the guy on Ebay if its illuminated. Also ask if the 'Service Engine Soon' light is on.

Another interesting test would be to unplug the throttle position switch at the top of the accelerator, and see if the engine still overrevs, or if it still persists.

ttpost
10-06-2004, 17:09
Slight wear on the drivers seat??? tongue.gif I wonder if he is talking about sligh wear on the duct tape that is on it. :D :D I think he understated it a bit which would make me wonder about his honesty :confused: