PDA

View Full Version : New Clutch... No petal

BowTie48Ford
10-02-2004, 09:20
I just Converted my 96 to a single mass clutch assb. G.M. told me about a yoke I needed, Do I really need it? Also after replacing everything, Flywheel, Clutch, Plate, Bearings, slave cyl., I can't get any enough petal after bleeding for 2 days, I got the truck in gear and drove it down the raod, but lost what petal I had. Now even after bleeding I can't even get it in gear. Help Please!!!

catmandoo
10-02-2004, 16:46
i believe it has to be bleed from the bottom up.

bondou812
10-02-2004, 19:44
when i replaced mine the clutch guy told me to fill the slave cylinder first then hook your line and bolt it up. It worked the first time, good luck.

BowTie48Ford
10-03-2004, 04:42
Thanks for the info! I was told late last night that If I put the rear of the truck up in the air that I could bleed it. With everything new in it and getting some pedel I just feel it's got to be air locked some where.

Big Blue dsl
10-03-2004, 08:47
hey all,

at work whenever we have the misfortune of getting a juice clutch that needs hydraulic components i install my master or slave or hose or whatever and then we have a small hand pump for the brake fluid and i take the rubber hose from that and it's a real tight fit on the bleeder screw and then loosen the bleeder screw and pump untill the reservoir up top is at the right level. close bleeder and remove hose, then enjoy ur clutch pedal
failing that i don't know an easier way to bleed them
good luck
chris

Hubert
10-05-2004, 08:33
I bled my clutch a while back when it started acting up shifting. How are you bleeding? According to a recommendation for trapped air in my Shop Manual it says to pump the clutch fast something like about 20 or 25 times quickly then hold and bleed. Repeat several times. I did this and drove it with no improvement. So I tried again. The second time it did a little better then settled down a day later and has been fine since. Maybe I was lucky.

Read once its drop the back wheels down and lift the front high ? don't know for sure about that.