PDA

View Full Version : do you need the wastegate sol. w/a turbo master?

HANK1948
09-28-2004, 16:56
I installed a turbo master because I was getting a 236 code so I figued it was the wastegate actuator, but I still am getting the code it comes and goes sometimes often sometimes not at all, so I was thinking if the wastegate solenoid is bad , why do I need it if I have a turbo master?

Turbine Doc
09-28-2004, 19:48
Hank,
P0236 is boost performance, do you have a gauge to know what actual boost is, need to read with scanner and compare vs gauge reading; the code is set when boost is 20kPa delta from desired, it could be bad boost sensor not giving proper input to PCM, or you have the TM dialed in too much.

If you don't have a reflash that ignores this situation, you may have to buy or make a resistive boost fooler which hides high boost from PCM, by lowering signal of high boost so PCM is blind to elecated boost levels that set code and cause PCM to clip boost/fuel.

HANK1948
09-29-2004, 00:41
I have a boost gauge and its no higher than 8lbs and ,i do have a snapon scanner and I want to say its reading 78kpa but i cant remember I changed the boost sensor no change ,and I also have a 2k pot on the boost sensor as well. :confused: