PDA

View Full Version : batteries for winter?

advanracing62
11-24-2003, 06:18
The truck is getting hard to start, even when she's plugged in overnight. When I get in and try to start her up, I instantly get low voltage. The truck is from Texas and I suspect that whoever owned the truck before me got a warmer weather battery than what I need up here. So with that in mind, what type of battery should I get? I was thinking Optima Red tops... but then again I really want something with some good CCA... or is it that I have another issue?

AndyL
11-24-2003, 10:00
I just bought a 870 CCA, 1000CA Battery at Wally world for $58 (MAXX 1N). That is with a 3 year replacement 72 month pro-rated. That is about the best deal anywhere. And if it does go south there are more Walmarts around than anywhere, just drive and get a new one.

triggerman
11-25-2003, 22:32
I got a pair of optima 950 cca's from batteryweb.com, so far so good in the first year.

Barry Nave
11-26-2003, 01:33
A Good battery"
(pair) is as important for glow plugs as for starting. Weak battery can cause all kinds of elect. problems. If the voltage low, the brain is weak. Kind of how I feel with the change of weather here in IN.
Always Pair both batterys at the same time.
I Have always used Auto Zone 8yr Dura-Gold Bat.
One went bad as truck started to crank slow.
They replaced both batterys under Warrenty even though one did CK out good.
I told them how important it was for these diesel to have both batterys equal and full of life, unlike me :rolleyes:
I may need to go out and take another dose of diesel fumes then I fell better. :D
Have a goody day and Happy Thanksgiving ;)