PDA

View Full Version : Cool Dmax story

markrinker
01-19-2005, 15:20
As many of you have read, I am seriously considering taking the plunge for a new cab/chassis Dmax.

During my one and only test drive (yes, with the wife) we drove about 10 miles, checking out the features and functions. Then we did a quick u-ey (sp?) to head back to the dealership.

I didn't mash the accelerator, just leaned into it, ending up at full throttle as the truck was about to shift from 2nd to 3rd. Suddenly, a HUGE shudder came through the truck, my wife almost grabbed the dash.

The duallys had broken loose and were spinning - at about 55 mph...

DmaxMaverick
01-19-2005, 16:19
Sounds like you engaged the locker. It can be quite violent when it comes in under heavy acceleration. Those duals don't offer much traction when empty with your foot in it.

Dvldog 8793
01-19-2005, 16:37
:D tongue.gif BURNING TIRES IS ALMOST AS MUCH FUN AS BURNING GUN POWDER! :D tongue.gif

arrowheadracing
01-19-2005, 17:27
Sounds like the same impression I had when next to the identicle truck to mine, but as a dmax. Long bed, ext cab 4x4 3/4 ton. From a dead stand still , he tromped on it, spun the tires , ran half sideways down the road and took off harder than I could have ever imagined. When we rolled up next to each other I shouted out the window. From a 50 mph roll he lit the torch and spun the tires almost as hard as he did when he was at a stand still. Power with a capital "D". Thats when I knew I bought the wrong truck.

Todd

arrowheadracing
01-19-2005, 17:29
Wanted to ask, why didnt you take the truck for a longer rider ? I took a Trans Am out for a test drive. I took it out for 3 hours. Put almost 100 miles on it. If I am going to buy it , I am going to try it. Thats what I told the dealer.

Todd

[ 01-19-2005, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: arrowheadracing ]

Spindrift
01-20-2005, 08:12
Originally posted by arrowheadracing:
why didnt you take the truck for a longer rider?Parting can be such sweet sorrow. Why prolong the agony? :(