PDA

View Full Version : leaky turbo?

Shad
11-20-2003, 14:35
Well I tested all of my glow plugs today and fixed one broken wire.. But I noticed some oil seepage by the turbo. I don't belive it is the cooler lines. I think it is the turbo itself. I will have to moniter the leak for a while. It is not leaking that bad yet.

Randee of the Redwoods
11-20-2003, 15:16
I just noticed mine leaking, too. I didn't notice it until I replaced the exhaust and reached up under the turbo for the downtube clamp. Oil seepage from the intake housing seal. I'll be sure to address that when I replace it. Odd, though, how such a high abuse seal would form a leak like that.

Scooby
11-20-2003, 19:30
The oil may be coming from the 'breather' on the valve cover. The vapor from there would also appear on the inlet side of the turbo.

d.h.
11-20-2003, 21:54
How much oil should that valve allow to go to the turbo? I installed i/c and with it turned 90deg down does it get enough? I had a joint seperate this summer 95deg out and pulling a long hill.The inside of pipe was noticeably wet allowing it to separate a little easier.maybe time to replace valve? New clamps fixed i/c.
------------------------------
98C/C L/B Dually 4x4
i/c boch high flow inj,boost cntrl,4"straight pipe,h/f air,guages

Shad
11-21-2003, 02:24
I'll clean everything up and moniter it.. My one concern is the CV boot has a little oil on it and with time will destroy it. I have already replaced the outer CV boot on that side.

maxzig
12-11-2003, 09:26
My 98 6.5 is in the dealer for a head gasket. They noticed the oil on the lower rear part of the turbo housing and said the shaft was shot. Might be covered under warranty????

gmctd
12-11-2003, 16:23
To all -

Do a search for CDR - may be informative.

[ 12-11-2003, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: gmctd ]