PDA

View Full Version : Running Lights

Seven-Time
11-13-2003, 10:32
Hi,
I recently purchased a 1997 GMC 2500 6.5TD, my question is do the running lights use the low beam?
I ask this because when I turn on the switch on the brightness of the head lights do not change.

Is this normal?

Tks

jspringator
11-13-2003, 13:33
My low beams were slightly brighter than my DRL'S until I installed my Kennedy light wiring harness. Now it appears the same.

HowieE
11-13-2003, 15:07
DRL and low beam are one in the same. The only differance is the DRL have 2 diodes in the circuit and the voltage drop across them may show a slight differance in brightness.

sturgeon-phish
11-13-2003, 15:57
In a related issue, your DRL will stay on unless you have your emergency brake on. When you are starting the engine, have the emergency brake on, and any current that would go to the lights can be used for turning the starter.

Bill Voitel
11-15-2003, 05:23
Open the fuse panel and pull the fuse for the DRL saves the bulbs. I have several times forgotten to turn on the headlamps at night because of the DRL coming on and I have lites then you look at the dash and whonder why no dash lites and go OH sh** !! after a moment of panic one realises and you turn on the kandels. Pull the fuse solve the issue. Thanks GM but no thanks I can still manage without the DRL!!!!