PDA

View Full Version : Miss on the #6 Cyl.

Shorthorn
06-02-2005, 09:25
I have a 94 Chevy Crew cab dulley, has developed a miss on the #6cyl.Truck has 185000 miles I have replaced the injectors & the CDRValve this has helped but not corrected the problem engine still smokes @ idle and misses. I had a compresion test done on the left bank compression ranged from 310-320 on each cyl. I have a lot of blow by for when you take the oil filler cap off it puffs oil smoke out like a freight train. Engine is not losing coolent. Miss cannot be detected at higher rpms. Could the head be cracked @ an air intake port causing the blowby and thus not using coolint Open for suggestions. [LIST] web page (http://Dan_Simon@leadhill.k12.ar.us)

Eric Selinger
06-02-2005, 12:05
I hate to say it but my 94 had a hole in #6 at 197,000 miles it sounded just like your problem. I ran it anyway for another week and a trip to Dallas(330+ miles) and I cracked it in half. The truck did get me home though (12 quarts of oil later). I rebuilt it myself and she's running strong today. I would pull a head off to see if the bore is okay and replace that one cylinder. Every thing else in the engine looked like brand new, but I had to rebuild it, so I replaced it all.