PDA

View Full Version : AC Delco Oil Filter

bobt
10-26-2005, 20:31
I went to my local Autozone today to pick up a couple AC Delco Oil Filters, PF1218, for my truck. I grabbed the first one and then the second one and realized that the second one was shorter by about an inch. Both the boxes and the filters inside stated PF1218, but one was definitely shorter. Saleman looked for more filters and all the rest he had were of the shorter variety. The larger one was the size I had always been buying in the past. Anybody else run in to this and know the reason they are now shorter. Seems to me that bigger is better when it comes to filtering oil.
Bob

john8662
10-27-2005, 05:36
Check this out:

PF1218 Oil Filter Problem (http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=003679)

It's been discussed, what I got out of the discussion is that I'll be switching to Wix filters, no more blue filter underneath.

bobt
10-27-2005, 21:00
John, Thanks for the reference to the earlier discussion. I was out of touch with the DP during that timeframe, so I missed it earlier.
Bob

Diesel Dan
10-28-2005, 18:15
AC Delco has switchrd production from Flint, Michigan to Mexico on the oil filters. IMO, quality has gone downhill since then. We compared a USA filter and a Mexican filter and there were many differences with them. I also had two Mexico filters start leaking, wasn't a problem before. Now I'll be using Donaldson(for PF52) or Fleetgaurd(PF1218). Still made in the US.

Kennedy
10-28-2005, 19:47
Baldwin is my first choice.