PDA

View Full Version : First stalling, now revving!!

kowsoc
02-12-2005, 22:39
I had my remote mounted FSD that has worked great for a long time finally giving stalling symtoms about a week ago. I did the transistor nut re-torque and the truck ran great for 2 days and then one stall. It has since seemed good other than that one incident. However, coming home tonight, the throttle seemed real sensitive, as very little movement would create a bigger rise in engine speed than normal. It then seemed to want to run away so I turned the key off and coasted to a stop. After a restart the idle was fine but as soon as the throttle is pressed it will surge and buck, in neutral I saw 4500 RPM before I turned the key off :eek: . I was close to home so I used the brakes and got it home. I have not had a chance to check for codes but upon reading the post "engine revving on its own" could the problem be the suspect FSD. I've had one fail through stalling, but this revving thing.... I have a spare I will try in the morning. Or could this be a problem in the IP?.....maybe the fuel solenoid sticking? I have always used fuel conditioners. Anyone ever heard of or experienced this problem?

kowsoc
02-14-2005, 22:18
Well I put the spare FSD in and the truck runs like new. The only logical explanation I see is that I may have re-torqued the original FSD's transistor nuts too much and caused a short circuit somewhere deep in the inner workings of the "black box". I say this because I tried loosening and tightening the screws finger tight plus 1/8 of a turn and re-installed the original FSD. It ran good for about a 15 minute test drive so it will be my new spare. It's funny how the two FSD's make the truck run differently.....the new one makes the engine run smoother with a "crisper" diesel sound.

Barry Nave
02-15-2005, 04:08
I even tryed the screws though the FSD was working fine. Thought, lets see if the would turn. Each one did though I did'nt put to much on them. Thinking the FSD should be fine now and not have any trouble. Ran for a couple of days fine, then I started getting code 35 :confused:
Truck still run,so I go for HRS doing all the elect. Thought great now the pump,yet the pump only had 75k :confused: Then I seen something about that a bad FSD could give a code 35/36 and other time a bad FSD may give no codes.
I must of missed up the FSD doing the screws.
Then I seen on the DP about a SOL-D driver and ordered one. The codes went away. :D
The rest of the story on the SOL-D are in my other post and I have power I never knew.