PDA

View Full Version : Are all 6.5TD Downpipes and crossovers Interchangeable?

TurboDiverArt
05-28-2004, 02:27
Hi All,

Simple question. Does any one know if the DP/X-over on a 1995-1998 GM TD is the same as a 1999 Suburban TD? I think it is but wanted to check. I know the exhaust systems between the P/U

JohnC
05-28-2004, 09:14
As far as I know, all crossover pipes are the same. All downpipes are the same except for the '93 non-catalyst system. As far as I know...

TurboDiverArt
05-30-2004, 02:57
Originally posted by JohnC:
As far as I know, all crossover pipes are the same. All downpipes are the same except for the '93 non-catalyst system. As far as I know... Thanks for the info John! I assumed as much because when you purchase an exhaust for a suburban you don't differentiate between 98 and 99. My only issue with this logic is that when you put on a new exhaust and don't have the stock 4 bolt flange where the DP mates up with the exhaust, it might not matter between a 98 and 99. The Flowmaster DP and cross over I'm looking into only lists up until 98. For the price of under $100 for both I guess I'll take a chance. If it doesn't fit I can always send it back...

Thanks again!

ucdavis
05-31-2004, 09:59
I ordered the FlowMaster crossover kit & it doesn't quite fit (I need to cut it, shorten slightly & kink it slightly to get it to fit). There are a few variations on the turbo-entry that keep the application from being drop-in across all chassis'. The P3x van-type chassis has a lower mounting height to the turbo (still on Rt side of engine), & I believe the van has a center mount version for the turbo that require different cross-overs, & since exhaust exits the turbo location to down-pipe, different DPs as well.