PDA

View Full Version : heater hose going back on...

spongebob
04-28-2024, 06:39
Ok I got the "quick" disconnect fitting to come off using the tool, but I cant seem
to get the new one back on, do I insert the "disconnect" tool back in the fitting to put it back on??

I'm pushing like there's no tomorrow and it wont "click" and it backs right back out..

thanks guys

DmaxMaverick
04-28-2024, 07:28
The tool is only needed for disconnecting. The fitting should click into place and lock on with minimal effort. Make sure the spring clip is in place, and is able to move freely in the slot. Also make sure the end of the tube is not damaged, or it can prevent the clip from engaging properly and/or damage the seal.

spongebob
04-28-2024, 08:05
ewww, "spring clip"....the only thing I see on the male fitting is a "collar" and I see nothing inside the female coupler...

DmaxMaverick
04-28-2024, 10:41
The end of the heater core tube should only have a barb ring on it, as should the male end of the quick connector. You should be able to see the spring clip(s) inside the female connector, that engage/clip onto the male barb. If you have a "collar" on the male tube, it may be part of the old connector (or something else?), which would prevent the new connector from installing. These things are very simple.

spongebob
04-28-2024, 16:17
there was no clips or spring but I got it, now Im not to the short hose on the EGR, hope there's
something in the archives...
the coupler has plastic clips if that's what you were referring to..

DmaxMaverick
04-28-2024, 19:53
The plastic spring clips used to be steel wire spring clips. They work the same.

What was the problem with it not locking on?

spongebob
04-29-2024, 08:34
well the 1st time I tried, it wouldn't lock, but I mustered up all my strength, lit a candle and
put a dab of grease in the female fitting and it seemed to lock, I never heard the "click" but
it's on there..
I searched for a link to replacing the smaller cooling hose next to the EGR, but came up empty..